Library Media Center
Library Media Vision
We will work as a team everyday to ensure that Dr. James Craik students and staff are effective users of ideas and information. Staff and students are assured our best efforts in receiving the most reliable reading and information possible in order to be prepared for our changing world.
Library Check-Out Rules
- Check out times are: 9:20 till 3:50 p.m.
- Students can get new books at any time if approved by teacher
- One should be an “I Can Read” book (they can read, or close to their reading level)
- The number of books a student checks out is determined by grade level
- Pre K & Kindergarten = 1 Book
- 1st Grade = 1 Book
- 2nd through 5th Grade = 2 Books (this may become 3 later for 5th graders)
- Students NEED to return their books in order to get new books
- Students can renew a book two (2) times and MUST bring it in to renew
- Students with books over a month overdue will be asked to change a color according to our school-wide Respectful, Responsible & Ready to learn pledge.
- Students are responsible for payment of a book if it is lost or damaged during their check-out period.